˟

Parable of the Day: How to Prove the Existance of God


There was an unbeliever who met a believer and they started talking. When they touched on the topic of God, the unbeliever declared that he did not believe in a god, and that it was gibberish and old fairy tales. The believer, of course, claimed that there is the God.

“Have you seen him?”

“No, I haven’t.”

“Have you heard him?”

“No, I haven’t.”

“How, then, can you claim that He exists?” the unbeliever wanted to know.

“Let me ask you. Tell me please, does love exist?”

“Sure.”

“Have you seen it?”

“No, I haven’t.”

“Have you heard it?”

“No, I haven’t.”

“Why do you suppose that it exists?”

“It exists because I can feel it.”

“The same is true for God. You can’t see God but you can feel the impact that He has on us. Light and heat are caused by the sun; love is caused by God. If you are blind, you won’t be able to see the sun but you will certainly feel its heat when its rays touch your skin. If you are spiritually blind and can’t see God, you will nonetheless feel him when his love warms up your heart.”


Translated by The Catalog of Good Deeds

CONVERSATION